Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Solving a "Conflict"
When I bought my new Cintiq 12WX, I also paired it with a new stronger and better computer to work with. And since it's brand new, it comes with the newest operatingI find this system amazing and easier to maneuver, if you have already familiarized
yourself for a bit of a short time (I tell you).
But now I realized there are also some downside of it, in regards to when you are doing
some graphics with some particular software. I heard a lot of complaints about Vista with
some local animation artists around.
And mine came, too. When I'm doing my boards in SketchbrookPro, my lines doesn't
quite look good, especially when you blow them up. They are crooked, squiggly. The reason
I want my lines better even if you blow up my drawings is when it reached the "like a reel"
stage of the production, if you know what I mean. Bigger screen, means they'll see your
drawings bigger.
So, I surf the net. Went to a lot of forums regarding Cintiq and Windows Vista. And I saw this guy's suggestion in one of the threads. From it, it looks like to me, since Cintiq has its own driver and functionality, and Windows Vista has its own, too, just TURN OFF VISTA's tablet functionality, AND LET CINTIQ'S WACOM DO IT'S JOB ALONE!
Hmm. It makes sense to me. Maybe there's a "tug of war" there. So, I did it, and presto! I got what I want in my lines. A lot of the guys in the forum has the same problems with different softwares, too in using their Cintiq with Windows Vista.
I hope Microsoft would solve this in the near future. I don't know why, but with XP, Cintiq
performs well. I've tried it when I was working in Bardel as Storyboard Supervisor.
