Wednesday, April 01, 2009

 

Toonboom StoryboardPro 1.5 (1/2)



This boards were done first in SketchbookPro, then transfered into Toonboom StoryboardPro 1.5. It was required by the studio to be done in the later program mentioned above. But since I have to order and buy the program, it takes several days before I get and start using it. So, in order not to waste time, I continue working in SketchbookPro. And when the software arrived, I just then crop the panels from Sketchbook (which at first I converted into JPGs, to make it easier and faster) then drag and drop them into the panels of Toonboom, and it fits right away. No more positioning or re-positioning.

In this particular panels, I tone down the layer of the BG in Sketchbook (which you can't do in Toonboom) to give more emphasis on the characters. Why, because there's nothing much happening in this scene, only talking. And another thing is, the shapes and sizes of the details in the BG will merge with the characters if you don't do that. And look at the fishes swimming around. That's the convenience of drawing digitally. You just draw ONE fish per design, and
then, copy and paste.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?